Non-Filed Tax Returns

Non-Filed Tax Return Assistance

Did you know that failing to file your tax returns is a criminal offense? Filing your taxes is not something that is optional, though many people wish it were. So what happens if you forget to file, or flat out decide not to file? You can be prosecuted and potentially sentenced to jail time, one year for each year you didn’t file your tax return. The risk of possibly spending time in jail is simply not worth it! Even if you have failed to file, voluntarily filing a delinquent tax return may help you avoid harsher punishment. When you hire 4Corner to assist you in filing your delinquent tax returns, we can help you navigate the process and ensure you are fully compliant with current tax laws.

What Happens If I Don’t File Late Tax Returns Myself?

If you’ve waited too long to file your own delinquent tax returns, the IRS may file them for you. In this case, the taxes get filed in the best interest of the government. This means you will likely receive little to none of the deductions you would be entitled to otherwise. In most cases, people who end up in this situation will owe in taxes, penalties, and interest once the tax returns are filed.

How Can 4Corner Help?

If the IRS filed your late tax returns for you, you might assume that all hope is lost. However, once they are filed, and you are notified of how much is owed, 4Corner may be able to help decrease the amount owed and attempt to minimize penalties or interest.

Do You Need Assistance With Non-Filed Tax Returns?

If you need help with filing late or delinquent tax returns, call 4Corner today or schedule a free consultation with one of our highly qualified tax specialists.